nafex - Re: [NAFEX] deer fence options

  • From: Kevin Moore <aleguy33@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] deer fence options
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 09:08:36 -0700 (PDT)

The coated wire should last a little longer because it keeps the rust out. At least that's the theory. I will look better, but in the end you have a lot of pvc to dispose of when the fence does wear out. You might also try planting some spiny/thorny plants on the outside if you have room. It seems to deter animals better than just a fence alone. I'm thinking a mix of Opuntia cacti (edible pads and fruit) and some shrubs with wicked sharp thorns would help.