nafex - [NAFEX] Bark in the slip.

  • From: Ray Kaminski <r-jkaminski@att.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Bark in the slip.
  • Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 02:13:46 -0500

Questions you want answers to but afraid to ask! Nice explanation of bark in the slip. All the years you hear the term but never get a good explanation such as Jerry did. Thanks.
I have had real good success (90%)with cleft and whip & tongue grafts but only1 take with 10 tries on bark grafts. I have downloaded a couple of articles on bark grafting but still not sure on the trimming of the scion wood or the slit made in the bark when attaching. Any one have a clear picture how it is done? Please post it or E-mail me direct as I do want to keep trying. Ray-Wisconsin Zone 4-5 on the Lake Michigan East side.

P.S. Karen in Manitowac please E-mail me again as I had a computer wipe out and need your address or E-mail to send your scions.

  • [NAFEX] Bark in the slip., Ray Kaminski, 04/06/2009