nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Colony Collapse

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Colony Collapse
  • Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 10:01:26 -0700

Tim,

So far, as far as I’ve been able to find, no organic beekeepers yet report any CCD.  This includes commercial organic beekeepers and those with hives that are moved from field to field.  I don’t know how far they may travel, and suspect it’s not coast-to-coast as it may be easier to find enough organic nectar sources in specific areas.

I agree with you that more small hobbyist hives would certainly help the problem,  and not just among orchardists.

~ Stephen