nafex - [NAFEX] Affordable Evans / Nursery Review

  • From: D Stubbs <dsmndel@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Affordable Evans / Nursery Review
  • Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 07:00:53 -0500

The Evans cherries I bought 6 years ago were from Lawyers, in MT, ( not from SLN in NY)
Lawyers is a wholesale nursery, but have low min. quantities, & at much lower cost then at St Lawrence.
I know of growers who won't deal with them because of some quality problem, but I am very happy with the clonal Evans I bought from them. I could not find Evans listed in their catalog so I emailed and was told :

 "Lawyer Nursery does still grow and sell Evans cherry.  But we have a very
 limited production of them and they are usually sold out by December.
 Contact me in August or September to reserve Evans cherry for next spring.
 Brenda Raden   www.lawyernursery.com"

Secondly,
Thanks to a recommendation on this forum I tried out Willamette Nursery for buying a bundle of a hundred rootstocks for a couple local grafting classes I am teaching. Good prices, great personable service, and most importantly the whips were well cared for & accurately described. www.willamettenurseries.com/
--
Del,  2b/3a  n. Mn  Where the maple sap started to run once again yesterday
http://delsorchard.shutterfly.com/