nafex - [NAFEX] off topic- back on again

  • From: Alan Haigh <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] off topic- back on again
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 06:37:25 -0400

Hey Lon, weeds are part of gardening.  What does it matter if for a few days here and there we careen of topic.  You can always skim through the philosophy and in a few days things always subside back to the real issue we come to this site for.  Usually by the time you protest a topic you don't think belongs here (yes, that's been your role here int the past) it's pretty much run its course anyway, and it's just a way to give all the people who find such discussion irrelevent and inapropriate here a chance to amen your complaint.  While I welcome yours and the input of all the supporters of your requests for more appropriate discussion, when I stop blabbering I like to think it's my idea.

I actually enjoyed the questioning about global warming and answers from some who seem to have a pretty good handle on the science of it.  As far as questions about the meaning of life or lack of it, a little of that belongs everywhere people meet to discuss ideas, in my opinion.

Now it's back to the trees, I enjoyed getting away from them for the weekend
(by going off topic here)- I'm 2 weeks behind schedule in pruning and it's almost time for first delayed dormant spray.  I should be transplanting trees in the nursery today but it's another day of relentless pruning.  If I don't get to the nursery in the next week I'll loose a significant part of spring-flush growth.  I HATE SPRING!

  • [NAFEX] off topic- back on again, Alan Haigh, 03/30/2009