nafex - [NAFEX] Terra Preta

  • From: Jason MacArthur <rotread@localnet.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Terra Preta
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 11:23:06 -0400

Justin West wrote:

One of the things I was looking at was biochar and the famed 'Terra Preta' or Amazonian Dark Earths 'ADE's. This is really fascinating research going on down there, and I encourage you all to look more into this as far as potential soil improvement in temperate climes.

Justin- can you point us in the direction of some good research? I have tried Internet searches, but as so often is the case with the Internet have spent hours looking down the wrong rabbit hole for information.
Jason MacArthur