nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Apricots and Planting on north slope.

  • From: Sarah Kehler Ewing <skkewing@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Apricots and Planting on north slope.
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 20:44:32 -0700 (PDT)

That was intended to be a little tongue in cheek!

In theory my North facing slope with a heavy windbreak to the North-west
should mean that the trees are also well protected from our cold
North-eastern winds. They certainly haven't had any winter kill what so ever
in their three years, but also no blossoms.

Anyone have any idea how old/what caliper apricots are when they start
blooming?

Sarah
Zone 3
Edm, AB