nafex - [NAFEX] Half-high blueberries

  • From: "Randy Burd" <burdrs@gmail.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Half-high blueberries
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 21:56:44 -0400

I would like to put two half-high blueberry bushes on the corner of my deck.
Each will have a space at most 30 inches in diameter. I don't want to have
it get much higher than 2 1/2 feet. I am considering getting two
Northcountry.
http://www.fallcreeknursery.com/Nursery/VarietyChart/Half-HighBlueberries.ht

My questions:

1. Is this variety adequate to be used as a landscape plant (in addition to
a sources of blueberries)? Will it have a nice shape or look spindly? What
other cultivar should I consider it this one isn't good?

2. I would like to get two plants of the same variety because the site
requires bushes with symmetry for aesthetic reasons. Will this markedly
reduce production of berries making this just a bush not a bush with
blueberries?

Thanks.