nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Jam too sweet?

  • From: Kevin Moore <aleguy33@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Jam too sweet?
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 10:38:22 -0700 (PDT)

Food processors do a lot of things that would make most people avoid their products if they knew about them. The USDA has been steadily diluting the requirements for the National Organic Program to allow them to do the same things and still call the food "organic." As far as milk goes, any milk from a "standard" dairy will have not only antibiotic residues, but hormone residues as well. They will not dump a load of milk for antibiotic residues, because all non-organic milk contains them. Most likely, if they dump milk it is because it has higher than ALLOWABLE LEVELS in it. In any case I find the hormones to be more disturbing than the antibiotics.