nafex - [NAFEX] nursery question - TyTy, Absolutely NOT!!!

  • From: "Lucky.Pittman@murraystate.edu" <Lucky.Pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] nursery question - TyTy, Absolutely NOT!!!
  • Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 16:59:14 -0500

I've been 'TyTyed', many years ago, and swore that
I'd never give them another cent - and that I'd take
every possible opportunity to warn unsuspecting folks
away from them.
I'm sure that the GA Attorney General's consumer
fraud division is constantly busy receiving
complaints on these charlatans, but it's apparent
that they've not been able to shut them down, after
all these years.

Enjoy the bizarre, cheesy, photoshopped pictures and
unbelievable descriptions/claims in their online
catalog, but NEVER, EVER order from them.
Yes, they have (or claim to have) some things I've
wanted to try, but I've managed to procure most of
those materials from fellow NAFEX members through the
years.

I would only purchase from them if I could go
directly to the nursery and choose the plant myself.
Otherwise, you'll very likely be receiving dead,
rootless sticks, mini-sized bulbs, or fully-leafed
bareroot transplants in February - and if they die,
they'll send you a replacement dead stick - IF you'll
ship the original dead one back to them and pay the
shipping on the new dead one.

Have a look at some of the discussion threads on TyTy
from the GardenWeb Forums; almost nightmarish:
http://search.gardenweb.com/search/?term=tyty&x=0&y=0

Lucky Pittman
Hopkinsville, KY

  • [NAFEX] nursery question - TyTy, Absolutely NOT!!!, Lucky.Pittman@murraystate.edu, 03/08/2009