nafex - [NAFEX] Japanese Beetles

  • From: "fuwa fuwa usagi" <fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Japanese Beetles
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 14:19:45 -0800

Had my first run in with these nasty things last year. Chemically I found
out Sevin worked, but as they struck when my Heritage raspberries and grapes
were ripening that was not a real option.

I found one organic method controlled them fairly well....my shop vac.
Partially filled with soapy water. Basically every few hours I was able to
suck up a bunch, and then I found by spraying the leaves they fed on with
soapy water you were able to mask the scent trail a bit, or so it seemed.
Not practical for commercial growers but not too bad for home growers.

Works great for wasps too!

tfb

The Free Email with so much more!
=====> http://www.MuchoMail.com <=====

  • [NAFEX] Japanese Beetles, fuwa fuwa usagi, 02/17/2009