nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Using Pomona

  • From: william Eggers <wce1482@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Using Pomona
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 07:33:30 -0800 (PST)

I use Pomona with little or no problems, except that it sometimes jells so much that one digs it out of the jar.  Therefore, I have cut down the amount needed by several teaspoons for a double batch and like that consistency better.  Sometimes when using Splenda in jelly it doesn't jell as well or it unjells as it travels from market to market.  I only use Splenda because I have customers for it.  I can't stand the stuff myself.  For me and my sales, using Pomona has been a big plus.  Customers like the actual fruit taste verses sugar and it helps keep my costs down as I don't use as much sugar.  If you are selling your jams and jellies, be sure to get the wholesale price as there is quite a difference for that  at my source for Pomona.  Kathleen at Burr Oak Farm