nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Jelling with Pomona's

  • From: "Mark Angermayer" <hangermayer@isp.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Jelling with Pomona's
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 20:15:31 -0600

Thanks Don,

Tomorrow, I'll try somewhere between 2/3 and 3/4 the amount on the insert.
I really don't want too stiff a product. Our last batch we made with
regular pectin was too stiff and pasty.

In the batch today, I didn't forget the calcium. Tomorrow I am planning to
use citric acid instead of lemon juice as an acidifier. I've read 2T of
lemon juice = 1/2 t of citric acid. Any comments?

Regarding syrup-yes I'm having a hard time finding the middle between a
drinkable product and rubberized one. If you say 2/3 pectin, that's what
I'll try.

Mark