nafex - [NAFEX] OT Amateur Beer Brewers?

  • From: "Naomi Counides" <naomi@oznayim.us>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] OT Amateur Beer Brewers?
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 12:14:48 -0700

My son, Nerd Boy, went to a bar to throw darts. While there he tried
a beer called Theobroma
"Rich golden in color, with a slight haze and a thin white lace.
Fairly clean in the nose with faint notes of powdered cocoa, spicy
pepper and fermented honey. Very smooth on the palate. Medium bodied.
Creamy carbonation. Sweet up front, mead-like at times, with cereal
grains as the base and plenty of residual honey complexities. Mild
fruity esters. Notes of annato play well, lending to the sweetness a
slight nutmeg and spicy flavor. Suggestions of vanilla. Chocolate
flavors are subtly balanced in the mix, as are the chiles, which
provide a mild, peppery soft heat. The chiles become more present as
things warm, presenting themselves stronger in the finish. Soft honey
and spicy finish that eventually dries up nice and clean."
http://www.dogfish.com/brewings/Occasional_Rarities/Theobroma/66/index.htm

He liked it and now I want to fake it. I am at the entry level of
beer making. I use extracts, mostly Cooper's. I have made beer maybe
3 times this way. I would welcome suggestions. He said it had heat
but was not at all blinding hot.

Naomi

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3834 (20090206) __________

http://www.eset.com