nafex - [NAFEX] fragrant vines

  • From: Alan Haigh <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] fragrant vines
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 14:13:35 -0500

I have one Kiwi whose name I've lost track of but it was supposed to be from Italy and may have had Rose as the first 4 letters.  Its fruit are large, flavorful and turn purple when fully ripe (it's not Ken's red).  On years it bears it is by far my best cropper and the fruit is extremely good (you know, for a kiwi).  That would mean that I actually enjoy eating them for a few days-  Others adore them.  I never pass judgement on people based on what species and varieties of fruit they love just on those who love none.

This Kiwi- maybe Rosanna?-  is also my most fragrant kiwi with the largest flowers of all- they are actually almost showey.