nafex - [NAFEX] Maple in Manitoba

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jfruth@tds.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Maple in Manitoba
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 20:02:50 -0600

Sarah Kehler Ewing wrote, "I'm hoping, in about 30 years :o), to start making my own manitoba maple syrup from our shelterbelt trees and can use all the advice I can get."

If you planted Sugar Maple in Manitoba, you may have to provide additional water than what Mother Nature provides. Sugar Maple seems to grow best in clay soil with an average annual rainfall of 30" or more. Or are you referring to Box Elder, aka "Manitoba Maple?"

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
For jams, jellies, syrups and more:
www.jellygal.com
1-877-265-6856 (Toll Free)
1-218-831-7018 (My Cell)

  • [NAFEX] Maple in Manitoba, Jim Fruth, 01/31/2009