nafex - Re: [NAFEX] tree syrup

  • From: Hélène Dessureault <interverbis@videotron.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] tree syrup
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 19:32:40 -0500

Lucky,
I don't know what kind of maple syrup they were using in this taste test, but
believe me all maple syrup are not created equal.
Interesting experiment though.
Basically, you can compare this experiment with wine making. You can make wine with grapes growing in warm climates where all the necessary sugars are present or you make wine with sour grapes with added sugar. Some people think the result are measured in brix readings, which is not the case.
I am not at all familiar with hicories syrup, but I know for a fact that sugar maple need certain climatic conditions to perform best,
Hélène, north of Ottawa
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lucky Pittman" <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>