nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Top 10 Favorite apple and pear varieties

  • From: Douglas Woodard <dwoodard@becon.org>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Top 10 Favorite apple and pear varieties
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 18:47:26 -0500

Wynne, do you want to grow these apples and pears for sale or for home use? If for sale on what scale?

I assume that "n.c. washington state" means north central, and that you have dry sunny conditions with hot days in summer like the Okanagan and Similkameen valleys in BC.

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario

Webmail wynne wrote:
well i just dont like the darn macintosh apple or its crosses they
are soft when
you pick em and i dont like soft apples
hoping you all might share your apple and pear 10 best picks

my first criterion is taste, then keeping ability
you all are the most knowledgable and experienced of critics
please help me out, the apple market is in the water closet
wynne in n.c. washington state