nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pears Compatible with Quince Rootstock

  • From: "Brungardt, Sam" <Sam.Brungardt@state.mn.us>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pears Compatible with Quince Rootstock
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 12:41:50 -0600

Title: Message
"Buerre Dumont and "Dumont" should be the same cultivar.  "Buerre", the French word for "butter" was often used as the first word in the names of pears that originated in France or Belgium to connote that a particular cultivar whose flesh had a smooth, buttery texture when ripe. -- Sam Brungardt, St. Paul, Minn.