nafex - [NAFEX] brown rot and nutrition

  • From: Alan Haigh <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] brown rot and nutrition
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 18:12:02 -0500

I have no idea if there is a nutritional connection to brown rot although I believe that excess N encourages it.  Sites where I have a problem with brown rot are usually protected well from wind and often have a pond nearby.  Heavy dew or shade (eastern) in the morning seems to feed the fungus.  Summer pruning to let sun on fruit is helpful.  Plums and peaches usually benefit from summer pruning anyway.

  • [NAFEX] brown rot and nutrition, Alan Haigh, 01/20/2009