nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Control of Brown Rot

  • From: <dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com>
  • To: <rmelrose@danvilleVT.net>, "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Control of Brown Rot
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 17:34:51 -0600

The 2009 Pest Management Guide has now been posted on the Virginia Tech web site and can be found at http://www.ext.vt.edu/pubs/pmg/index.html.  The Guide is in PDF format and each individual section can be downloaded as needed.  It covers both Home Growers and Commercial growers as well as Organic.  It has a good section on brown rot and would support your use of Captan.  The great thing about Captan is that it is labeled for both stone and pome fruits.  Be sure to check the label for your state as is the case with all chemicals.  Hope this helps!

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
Office (815) 648-4467
Mobile (815) 228-2174