nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Creeping question for Scott Hills- Anthony

  • From: "S & E Hills" <ehills7408@wowway.com>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Creeping question for Scott Hills- Anthony
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 20:03:59 -0500

I don't use an exact mix to deal with Charlie (which likely explains that
spot I burned). I go out and rake as much of it up as I can (which also
serves to damage much of the growth and some of the roots as well) and then
I take 20-team borax and sprinkle it around the heaviest areas. I find that
one good treatment beats back all I have in my own yard, but the neighbor's
Charlie eventually returns to re-colonize.

I had an aluminium shed at a previous house. The Charlie crawled in, turned
white (from lack of sun) and proceeded to thoroughly entangle my tools and
even the lawn-mower. As long as part of the plant is live and producing
food, the rest will grow vigorously trying to find more light and
sustanance.

Scott Hills
Zone 6a/b Michigan