nafex - [NAFEX] Boron deficiency

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jfruth@tds.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Boron deficiency
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 11:46:45 -0600

Donna wrote, "Boron deficiency is common or rare depending on where you are."

Where bedrock is close to the surface, the soil can be rapidly depleted of boron. We experienced low boron levels in some of Kimberly-Clark's test plots in Northeastern Wisconsin that had limestone bedrock a foot or two down. I saw it again when I farmed in the foothills of the Sierras in Central California where topsoil was only inches thick in places with granitic rock beneath.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
For jams, jellies & syrups:
www.bberryfarm.com
(877)265-6856 [Store]
(218)831-7018 [My Cell]

  • [NAFEX] Boron deficiency, Jim Fruth, 01/10/2009