nafex - [NAFEX] Spreading boron fertilizer

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jfruth@tds.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Spreading boron fertilizer
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 11:06:23 -0600

Mark Angermayer wrote, "In the formula for the actual % of boron, you used the atomic number for B and O, instead of atomic weight, but it doesn't affect the end result much."

You are absolutely right. Thanks for reminding me that my Chemistry classes happened many years ago. My forgetfulness causes such errors. I appreciate your pointing that out.
For anyone unfamiliar with the periodic table, the number at the top of each square indicates a sequence and the lower number is the atomic weight. The atomic weight is what I should have used in my example.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
For jams, jellies & syrups: