nafex - Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 72, Issue 26 - Sungold Peach Location

  • From: "Tim Inman" <Tim@historicinteriors.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 72, Issue 26 - Sungold Peach Location
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 16:50:05 -0600

I'm the guy who offered Interstate Nursery Sungold Peach scions. Someone wanted to know my area. Sorry to say, my message came back undelivered, so I'm trying it again. Lost the rest.....

I'm located in the extreme southwest corner of Iowa, south of =
Omaha/Council Bluffs, or just about due east of Nebraska City, Nebraska, 12 miles from the border inside Iowa.

We're located smack in the middle of the little Zone 4 'hook' you see on =
many USDA zone maps. We're zone 5 most of the time, except sometimes =
when the fronts wheel in from the north, we're absolutely zone 4. High =
winds, sudden temperature drops. The rapid changes make a harsh =
climate. So if anything survives 'here', it will probably survive =
'there' too. Interstate Sungold Peach is a survivor here.

Tim Inman

  • Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 72, Issue 26 - Sungold Peach Location, Tim Inman, 01/09/2009