nafex - [NAFEX] No reliable boron test??????

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jfruth@tds.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] No reliable boron test??????
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 10:53:52 -0600

Mathew Weahner wrote, "The NC Extension service says *"Soil analysis does not measure levels of
boron because no reliable tests are available."

Is it possible that what NC Extension is really saying is they don't have the ability to accurately test for boron. Maybe you should try a private soils laboratory like www.algreatlakes.com or www.kaglab.com . I suspect they'll tell you a different story. Personally, and I have said this before, I have learned to distrust university soils labs; I have used several of them receiving less that favorable results. Though I have lost confidence in the ones I've used, I hold the hope that some others are reliable.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
For jams, jellies & syrups:
www.bberryfarm.com
(877)265-6856 [Store]
(218)831-7018 [My Cell]

  • [NAFEX] No reliable boron test??????, Jim Fruth, 01/08/2009