nafex - Re: [NAFEX] I need Aronia melanocarpa

  • From: "mIEKAL aND" <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] I need Aronia melanocarpa
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 09:43:17 -0600

I have both of those varieties, but not sure I could tell any
difference between them. I made 5 gallons of wine this year from
them, haven't sampled yet, but I imagine the anthocyanins are off the
chart. One of the best uses I find is to let them dry on the bushes
(they don't drop) & you have yourself aronia raisins, which are far
less astringent than the fresh fruit. Work great in pilafs & such.

~mIEKAL