nafex - [NAFEX] London/England Fruit

  • From: "Martha L. Davis" <martha_davis@earthlink.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org, nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] London/England Fruit
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 11:43:17 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

In addition to the Brogdale suggestion which I have not manage to get to,
Wisley near Gatwick has a lot of interesting examples of espalier Figs,
Ribes, Kiwi, full sized cherries etc. March is a good time to look at
training and espalier because the leaves are not out yet. The Henry
Doubleday Gardens English equivalent of Rhodale are nice with a more organic
permaculture type direction it has fruit cages and areas with berries and
chickens if I remember correctly it is about an hour or so North of London,
RoughGarden manor grounds near Oxford is nice for a kitchen garden example it
has espalier peaches, figs apples.

Martha

  • [NAFEX] London/England Fruit, Martha L. Davis, 12/04/2008