nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Nittany apple

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Nittany apple
  • Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 11:16:31 -0600

A co-worker recently brought a couple of Nittany and Mountaineer apples in for a 'taste test' at morning break - she'd purchased them at a whole foods store in Nashville. I'm not sure where these were grown.
Nittany was well-received by all who sampled it, and got the nod, unanimously, over Mountaineer.  Mountaineer was OK, but less flavorful, with low acid content.  Both were nice, crisp-fleshed fruits.

Lucky