nafex - [NAFEX] critter crunching

  • From: Sheridan Shumway <rattler_mt@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] critter crunching
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 06:25:37 -0800 (PST)

i have not eaten bobcat but in Montana cougar is considered fit for human
consumption and the meat must be taken out of the field along with the hide
and skull and not wasted...i havent had the chance to try it yet but my half
brother says it is one of his all time favorite meats. he says its pretty
mild. i would assume bobcat is the same but i havent shot one since finding
out about my brothers preference for cougar. as for dog, i draw the line
there. just something i cant get past. i havent had but am willing to try
critters like coon, beaver and such but i just cant do dog.

Sheridan S.
northeast Montana
zone 3/4

  • [NAFEX] critter crunching, Sheridan Shumway, 11/17/2008