nafex - [NAFEX] FYI - crunching critters

  • From: "fuwa fuwa usagi" <fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] FYI - crunching critters
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 18:47:41 -0800

As an FYI...

if you really want to collect some critters for the pot, you can normally get
a lot more than you might think with a simple throwing stick. You throw it
so it rotates horizontally.

Having set snares, dead falls, havaharts, and conibear traps I can tell you a
simple stick does a quick job of gathering game. I have taken out birds,
rabbits, squirrels and a host of critters. You can get passable with maybe
an hour of practice, and very proficient if you actually practice. Sometimes
you get lucky and get more than one critter with a singe throw.

Blow guns are also very, very accurate and darn safe in the city. If I
wanted to bend the rules a bit and harvest a bit of what God provides for me
in the city I would not risk a firearms violation when other methods are so
effective.

Regards,

TFB

The Free Email with so much more!
=====> http://www.MuchoMail.com <=====

  • [NAFEX] FYI - crunching critters, fuwa fuwa usagi, 11/15/2008