nafex - [NAFEX] Snake and ground hog

  • From: "fuwa fuwa usagi" <fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Snake and ground hog
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 12:26:50 -0800

I have eaten rattler and I have eaten garter. Garter is, well, nasty.
Rattler now, that is pretty darn good eating. I think if you crossed
snapping turtle with chicken you would have rattler. Real good just on its
own on a spit over a fire.

I have also had ground hog. I had no fixings at the time so it was just
cooked meat, and no proper roasting method. If I had not given up most meats
for health reasons back in 2000 I would love to try ground hog with a kitchen
available.

Would like to try ground hog, roasted rare, then sliced into 3/4 inch thick
pieces and broiled with an orange/honey/soy/cayenne peeper glaze and served
with boiled red potatoes with some baked garlic and baked onions mashed in.

Re, the bones in snakes. For small ones you cook them and dry them then
pound them with rocks. You can add it to some hot water in the morning or
at lunch time, sort of like cup a soup. It thickens up and sort of sticks to
your ribs, important if you are outdoors.

tfb

The Free Email with so much more!
=====> http://www.MuchoMail.com <=====