nafex - [NAFEX] Raintree Nursery appraisal

  • From: "Alan Haigh" <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Raintree Nursery appraisal
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 11:59:59 -0500

Raintree is a well run business that sells good quality stock acquired from other suppliers.  I have never been disappointed with the quality of their merchandise but they are a bit pricey.  I buy from them when I can't find a better price from another reliable source.

To Mark, I would also suggest Trees of Antiquity for Pixie Crunch.  Neil, the owner, actually grows most or all of what he sells and propagates a lot on MM 111 which should be a good root stock in the Midwest.

I met the owners of both nurseries at the Santa Cruz NAFEX meeting and liked both but I had a lot more in common with Neil who is very much a soul of the soil.  Both are definitely in it for other things than just the money.

  • [NAFEX] Raintree Nursery appraisal, Alan Haigh, 11/15/2008