nafex - Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 70, Issue 22

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 70, Issue 22
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 08:00:32 EST

In a message dated 11/13/2008 7:05:48 AM Eastern Standard Time, b.harrick@ilslaunch.com writes:

Jerry, I am jealous, I can only use a bb/pellet here--the squirrels jump
up in the air when hit and are back within 15 minutes....sigh.....

Hi Barb,

Squirrels have a very tough skin, very tough. I believe that is why they can jump out of a tree 20 feet land flat on their stomachs and run off seemingly unhurt. Their hide holds then tight to absorb the shock. That tough skin also repels BBs.
I've dressed, undressed ;-),  many rabbits whose skin is paper thin compared to squirrel. I'd also submit removing deer hide is easier than squirrel, just takes much longer.

On the cherries, yes pit them before freezing, for sure. Much easier while firm.

Jerry

Get the Moviefone Toolbar. Showtimes, theaters, movie news & more!(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212774565x1200812037/aol?redir=http://toolbar.aol.com/moviefone/download.html?ncid=emlcntusdown00000001)