nafex - Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 70, Issue 22

  • From: "Harrick, Barbara" <b.harrick@ilslaunch.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 70, Issue 22
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 07:05:23 -0500

Hi all. Thanks Stephen and Don for your wonderful replies--I have them
printed and tucked away for next year.

The Northstar is 2 years old in my yard--probably 4-5 in real life; the
Montmorency has 1 year in my yard and probably the same in real life
years as the Northstar. They are both about 5 feet tall. This is the
first year I have gotten more than just a few cherries--enough from both
trees to make one pie, so they are still young trees.

Don, you have solved my browning mystery. I picked the cherries, had
them in the fridge until there were "enough" to freeze. Then into the
refrigerator's freezer as you suspected. Next year, they will all be
frozen individually and put in the "real" freezer. Now I will also look
up Meteor cherries!

Is it necessary to pit them before freezing?

Has anyone grown Balaton cherries?

Stephen, I did not make squirrel pie, but I have made dove pie in the
past....My grandmother used to make squirrel stew. I love all of the
cherry applications you mentioned and thanks for including the
processing procedures--I need to add more cherry trees!!!! I never even
thought to use food coloring.

Jerry, I am jealous, I can only use a bb/pellet here--the squirrels jump
up in the air when hit and are back within 15 minutes....sigh.....

Thanks again for all of your replies and wisdom!! Barbara

Barbara Harrick
Senior Technical Editor/Writer
International Launch Services
1875 Explorer Street, Suite 700
Reston, VA 20190
office (571) 633-7430
fax (571) 633-7536

DISCLAIMER
This electronic message transmission contains information which may be
confidential or proprietary information belonging to ILS International
Launch Services, Inc. and/or Lockheed Khrunichev Energia International
Inc. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or the
information contained herein is prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the original transmitter
immediately by phone or by e-mail and delete the original message and
any copies that may have been made of it.

Message: 1