nafex - [NAFEX] apple sampler

  • From: "Mark Angermayer" <hangermayer@isp.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] apple sampler
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 01:09:34 -0500

There's been a lot of discussion about apples lately. Just wanted to
mention, I bought a box of various kinds of apples from Jill Vorbeck
(Applesource). 12 different kinds of apples I've never tasted before. I
love this concept. I've pretty much learned that you can't necessarily take
someones word when it comes to what tastes best. Not because their false,
but because tastes differ so radically. Even in my own family, we did a
taste test tonight, and my daughter's favorite apple, was my least favorite
(Pink Pearl).

The apple samples are pretty pricey, but it's still loads better than
buying, or grafting trees and waiting years to find out if you even like the
apples. First time I've ever used Applesource, but I plan on being a repeat
customer.

BTW-Of the first eight we tried, Stellar and Fortune were my favorites.
Pink Pearl and Pink Sugar were my worst picks.

http://www.applesource.com/classroom_sampler.html

Mark
KS

  • [NAFEX] apple sampler, Mark Angermayer, 10/16/2008