nafex - Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 68, Issue 63

  • From: Neil T Lewis <lewisn@georgetown.edu>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 68, Issue 63
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 14:03:17 -0400

> 2. Re: Asian pear, now edible (Donna &/or Kieran)

> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 22:13:43 -0500
> From: "Donna &/or Kieran" <holycow@cookeville.com>
> Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Asian pear, now edible
> To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
>
> Now that the Asians have reached the point of edibility, the
> Kieffers are still better. According to Corvallis Shinko should
> have been ready to eat a month ago, which implies that all 3 are
> KG. However, the one labeled KG seems a bit less edible than the
> others, so maybe not. Donna
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Donna,

Here in Beltsville, Maryland, I picked my Shinko pears about 10 days ago.
This is their first year for fruit and I grow no others to compare them with,
but they tasted good to me and my wife, better than the store bought ones.

Neil

  • Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 68, Issue 63, Neil T Lewis, 09/26/2008