nafex - [NAFEX] netting a tree

  • From: "fuwa fuwa usagi" <fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] netting a tree
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 11:04:03 -0700

For those home growers, I found a way of netting a tree that stops the
critters in their tracks, providing that you do not have other trees they can
jump from.

I simply place the net underneath the tree and against the trunk and sort of
looped it around and clothespinned the net to the tree limbs. So there is a
net between the ground and the bottom of the tree, but the sides and top are
totally open. This worked incredibly well, even frustrating the raccoons.

For years I tried top netting, etc, and found it useless as squirrels always
found away in and coons would rip the netting apart. But for whatever
reason this bottom method works for me. I have employed this for a couple of
years now to great effect.

There is a bonus to this, the darn things will gather underneath and try and
figure it out, which means they will thoroughly explore any traps you do set.

lil ol' me

The Free Email with so much more!
=====> http://www.MuchoMail.com <=====

  • [NAFEX] netting a tree, fuwa fuwa usagi, 09/21/2008