nafex - [NAFEX] Eden peach

  • From: "Alan Haigh" <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Eden peach
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 19:58:45 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alan Haigh <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 7:56 PM
Subject: Eden peach
To: nafex-request@lists.ibiblio.org

I don't sell Eden and I don't sell small trees anyway but I too was intrigued by that inviting name and planted one several years ago that I find somewhat underwhelming as far as quality is concerned.  However it  might be as good as any peach existing at the alleged time of the Garden of Eden.  I don't think a lot of improvement had been made on white peaches as of about 5,000 years ago.  My Eden gets the basal pruning treatment this winter to make room for a Lady Nancy, a white peach of much better quality although more prone to brown rot.

Alan Haigh, Home Orchard Co. zone 6 southeastern NY

  • [NAFEX] Eden Peach, Naomi Counides, 09/14/2008
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • [NAFEX] Eden peach, Alan Haigh, 09/14/2008