nafex - Re: [NAFEX] autumn olive and peaches

  • From: "S & E Hills" <ehills7408@wowway.com>
  • To: <swim_at_svc@yahoo.com>, "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] autumn olive and peaches
  • Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 17:21:42 -0400

No way I could (even if I wanted) peel a fruit that is 2-3 mm in diameter with a seed.  Also, I didn’t say they were wholly without scent, just that I found it incredibly underwhelming.  To smell anything I need to put my nose right into a group of 5+ flowers, any further away than that and I notice nothing.  They are certainly not like clove currants which I can smell from 10-15 feet away easily!  Right now passionflower incarnata in my front yard can be smelled from 30-40 feet away if the air is still.

I planted goumi last and this year and I’m hoping this relative of the Autumn Olive impresses me more so than AO has.

Scott Hills

6b Michigan