nafex - Re: [NAFEX] M111 etc

  • From: Drevniok <colleendaly@videotron.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] M111 etc
  • Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2008 11:19:26 -0400

Hi Claude,

Sorry for the delay. You are right - the picture on P. 148 is not M111. It took a while to get to the bottom of this but
the folks at St. J-S-R said an erratum for the book will be issued. I was promised a photo of the M111 fruit but I am still
waiting. If it ever comes I can make it available.

For the last several years I have been starting seedlings from Fameuse. Apparently, Fameuse seedlings grow fruit
that closely resembles the parent. I also read somewhere (but cannot find the article) that Wolf River is another apple
that will grow fairly true from seed but would like verification if anyone knows.

By the way, my Reliance peach had a bumper crop this year.
Peter Drevniok, Gatineau, Quebec - zone 5.

Claude Jolicoeur wrote:
Peter,
This is interesting as I had always thought this picture of MM.111 had been
placed there on p.148 by mistake! Actually, I had assumed the picture
referred to Minjon whose description is on the same page...
If you get some confirmation from the St-Jean Station people, please post
the information.

Claude Jolicoeur
Quebec.