nafex - [NAFEX] Subject: mowing orchards and pastures

  • From: "Toni Pralle" <toni.pralle@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Subject: mowing orchards and pastures
  • Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 13:19:11 -0500

Veering slightly off topic.....almost. I am looking at two mowers at an upcoming auction. I want to mow the rough spots in my pasture a few times a summer. My choices are Swisher 44" or an Acrease wing mower Kunz engineering inc. These aren't this year's models ;-)  I looked them both up on the net. I sorta thought the Kunz might be a better mower?? Anyone have any experience? The auctioneer thought they might go for $200/$300. I'll be pulling it on flat ground with a Colt Hydra Drive garden tractor, also not this year's model. ( a friend found it at an auction. I bid $80. I asked my friend how old it was and he said the serial number was in Roman Numerals) It runs and I'm happy.

--
Toni in zone 4 Iowa USA
http://www.stopanimalid.org/