nafex - [NAFEX] Subject: Re: peach spots

  • From: "Toni Pralle" <toni.pralle@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Subject: Re: peach spots
  • Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 09:01:04 -0500

>Probably bacterial spot.  Some of my varieties have it too.  It is generally just cosmetic, although it probably weakens the tree some.  If it's bad enough, it can crack the peaches.  Generally, its recommended to plant resistant varieties if possible, if it's a problem.  Antibiotic sprays are said to be slightly effective.>

Thanks, Mark. I would bet that's what it is. My tomatoes got the fungus and the plants are dieing. Lots of tomatoes though. I'll spray the fruit and tree with Colloidal Silver. If it's bacterial/viral, that will take care of it. If it's bugs, then it won't. I had thought I would do it to the tomatoes but procrastinated too long.

--
Toni in zone 4 Iowa USA
http://www.stopanimalid.org/

  • [NAFEX] Subject: Re: peach spots, Toni Pralle, 08/09/2008