nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Fwd: More Evidence that Monsanto's HerbicideRoundup is

  • From: hans brinkmann <hans-brinkmann@t-online.de>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Fwd: More Evidence that Monsanto's HerbicideRoundup is
  • Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 15:57:11 +0200

Hallo Lon,

thank you for the very clear explanations!
The word permeable skin is explaining much.
That's why inhalation Roundup is affecting health and some special cancer rates among farmers are increased.

Because of your interesting comment, I asked at Germany:
Roundup is also not allowed to use near any waters.
At Germany the invasive giant knotweed is also erased with different herbicides - often Roundup.
Usually first cutting the stems and subsequent herbicide - sometimes directly onto the cuts.
Sometimes 100%ly pure injections.
Usually several applications, often three years.
Cutting alone can not erase the different knotweeds - even after a six years cutting period.

ciao
hans

Lon J. Rombough schrieb:
My son is in fisheries and wildlife and had the following comment on the Roundup article that came up on the list recently.
-Lon Rombough
A video about The Grape Grower : http://cookingupastory.com/index.php/2008/04/18/the-grape-grower/

Begin forwarded message:

I have actually read this paper - it its entirety, and a number of other studies. In fact, the EPA lab that I used to work at in Corvallis did research on this topic for many years.

The truth is, that most experiments are designed to replicate what would runoff or drift into a pond under normal conditions. Now, subsequent research indicates that glyphosate - and 2,4-D - is actually toxic to amphibians - and humans too, as a matter of fact. The issue, as with all poisons, is one of dose. Direct mortality occurs at higher dosages than are usually encountered when the glyphosate is present alone. But the surfactant, which may or may not be directly toxic, increases the absorption rate so that the animals recieve a much larger dose much more quickly. Remember that amphibians have permeable skin and thus compounds applied to it penetrate directly to the internal organs.

This concept is well-known to most wildlife biologists, and when I treated invasive giant knotweed along streambanks on several National Wildlife Refuges, we used Rodeo (Garlon), as it is a more stable compound, but we used it WITHOUT surfactants. That's right - 100% straight syrup. Absorption was slower, so we injected where necessary. Still killed the weeds, but without affecting the amphibian populations in the area.

**YOU MUST BE SUBSCRIBED TO POST!**
No exceptions. ----
to change other email options):