nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Killing tree roots

  • From: John S <swim_at_svc@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Killing tree roots
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 19:37:10 -0700 (PDT)

Ken, The next time you dig, why not install a root barrier, such as very thick plastic sheeting (used for pool liners, pond liners, etc).  I know that people who grow bamboo often set up root barriers to prevent its spread.  Tree roots go deeper than bamboo, but if you are trenching deep enough to stress the trees and stop the spread for some time, then this approach might prevent the problem from recurring for a very long time.  Should cut down on your fantasy life so you can do other things.

John