nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Killing tree roots

  • From: "K Q" <kumquat@operamail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Killing tree roots
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 15:57:32 -0800

There have been a lot of useful suggestions about how to deal with errant
trees and their roots.

I have a situation where a neighbors fir trees like to send roots into my
ribes berry patch. So every couple years I get out my narrow balling spade
and dig a deep trench on my side of the property line, cutting off all the
little "trespasser roots". A few of his trees showed some stress and signs of
utter death, but my berry patch doesn't exist to feed his trees.

When I'm digging, I always fantasize about being smart and doing it with a
rented trench digging machine! Fantasy makes the shoveling go better.

Ken Q.