nafex - [NAFEX] Surround (was Organic)

  • From: Scott Smith <scott@cs.jhu.edu>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Surround (was Organic)
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 11:02:29 -0400

A third price quote: Groworganic.com, 25#, $29.99; of course, check shipping charges... ~ Stephen
And a fourth.... http://www.7springsfarm.com is 25# for $27.  I have ordered from Peaceful Valley (groworganic.com) in the past and their shipping to me all the way across the country is very high.  7 Springs  is in Virginia and is much cheaper to ship to me.
I had good luck with Surround this year.  I stopped using it a month back since the moth pressure is not looking strong and there is no second generation of curculio.  I am only using spinosad to control the moths.  Surround is annoying enough to apply (it messes up your clothes for example) and expensive enough that I want to use as few applications as possible.  I think it is still doing good against the moths by limiting the success of the first generation, which lessens the pressure later in the summer.
Scott

  • [NAFEX] Surround (was Organic), Scott Smith, 07/08/2008