nafex - [NAFEX] Jap beetles here and robins still here

  • From: "Dianne Stephany" <iluvdanc@rochester.rr.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Jap beetles here and robins still here
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 09:02:03 -0400

Title: My VistaPrint Electronic Business Card
HI,
Well, I found the Jap beetles on my zinnias and hibiscus. Does not seem to be as many as last year though.

And the robins are still here. Usually we are much drier this time of the year and the robins have moved on to wetter areas, but not this year. Still getting rain almost every day, so lots of worms for the robins to find. They really didn't do much damage to our cherries at all.

Nothing seems to eat red currants around here. And the bushes are starting to sprawl, is that normal? They are 8 yrs old.  Would pruning help?

Dianne Stephany, zone 5. A sunny day with no rain clouds in sight -at least for now.