nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Missng robins

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: swim_at_svc@yahoo.com, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Missng robins
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 21:22:25 -0500

To add to the interesting season here, our robin population seems to be significantly down. Usually I have to fight them to save the small fruits berries and cherries, but this year they are not a problem. They are still around, because I can still hear them from time to time, but numbers seem to be a lot less.

Not here. But it's been so wet this year that worms must be readily available still. My robins seem to be eating worms more than my fruit, which was definitely not the case last year!

I still had to net my cherry tree, but the raspberries haven't been bothered too much.

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

--
All are inclined to believe what they covet, from a lottery-ticket up to a passport to Paradise. - Lord Byron