nafex - [NAFEX] Jap beetles and a sticker with B. subtilis?

  • From: "Dianne Stephany" <iluvdanc@rochester.rr.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Jap beetles and a sticker with B. subtilis?
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 12:39:56 -0400

Title: My VistaPrint Electronic Business Card
Hi
Here in upstate NY I have not seen one Japaneese beetle yet; last year my husband 'picked' a dozen or so in each pot of red currants. He's picking red currants now, but no Japaneese beetles. They usually love my zinnias, but the zinnias are unscathed. So far.

We had that terrible drought last year, this year it has rained 20 out of the last 22 days. Pouring down now. Doesn't look good for the peaches, apples or pears-- we have fireblight and peach leaf curl that are worse in the rainy weather.

I use Bacillus subtilis as a spry for fireblight and peach leaf curl- can I use a sticker with it?

thanks,
Dianne Stephany, zone 5, where it has been raining and raining and....

  • [NAFEX] Jap beetles and a sticker with B. subtilis?, Dianne Stephany, 07/03/2008